ISACA has introduced the COBIT 5 Implementation course and exam for individuals to learn and understand the its approach to implementing COBIT 5 using the COBIT 5 Implementation Guide.
The scope of the official COBIT 5 Implementation course is change enablement through programme management. It does not include approaches of COBIT implementation using a Governance Framework, Management System or organic capability improvemet. The ITGN will extend the learning experience with examples of COBIT 5 implementation beyond programme management.
The COBIT 5 Foundation course and exam is the entry point to become familiar with the COBIT terminology. Candidates who have passed the COBIT 5 Foundation exam can register for the COBIT 5 Implementation course and exam and learn how to implement COBIT 5.
The official COBIT 5 Implementation course will provide participants with an understanding of the key issues an implementer should be aware of when organising and executing a COBIT 5 implementation. At the end of the course attendees should be able to:
- Identify and assess the roles and their responsibilities regarding the assessment process
- Organise an assessment team to conduct an assessment
- Determine the requirements for conducting an assessment
- Perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide to initiate, plan, coordinate and complete a process assessment
- Conduct a process capability assessment in accordance with the COBIT 5 Assessor Guide requirements.
Participants will learn through discussion and practical examples about:
- Introduction to the Assessment Programme
- Overview of Process Assessment Model
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Assessment team and other Participants
- Initiation – recommended steps
- Scoping – selecting processes
- Planning and briefing of the Team
- Data Collection – “instances”, evidence, records
- Data validation and dealing with Deficiencies
- Process Attribute Rating
- Reporting the Assessment results
- Performing a Self-Assessment
- Exam Preparation</li>
- Certification Requirements and Registration with ISACA.
Successfully take the COBIT 5 Implementation exam!
Further learning opportunities
Participants interested in defining processes and building capability will benefit from the examples provided by the ITGN.