Preview of the COBIT 5 Assessor course online.
View SEMINAR SCHEDULE on top menu for course dates.
ISACA has introduced the COBIT 5 Assessor course and exam for individuals to learn and understand the different approaches to conducting a COBIT 5 assessment using the COBIT 5 Assessor Guide and COBIT 5 Self-Assessment Guide.
As the scope of the Assessor course does not include the process definition and actual capability assessment, the ITGN will extend the learning experience with examples of process definition and assessment based on ISO 15504.
The COBIT 5 Foundation course and exam is the entry point to become familiar with the COBIT terminology. Candidates who have passed the COBIT 5 Foundation exam can register for the COBIT 5 Assessor course and exam and learn how to undertake a process capability assessment using COBIT 5.
The official COBIT 5 Assessor course will provide participants with an understanding of the key issues an assessor should be aware of when organising an executing a COBIT 5 capability assessment. At the end of the course attendees should be able to:
- Identify and assess the roles and their responsibilities regarding the assessment process
- Organise an assessment team to conduct an assessment
- Determine the requirements for conducting an assessment
- Perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide to initiate, plan, coordinate and complete a process assessment
- Conduct a process capability assessment in accordance with the COBIT 5 Assessor Guide requirements.
Participants will learn through discussion and practical examples about:
- Introduction to the Assessment Programme
- Overview of Process Assessment Model
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Assessment team and other Participants
- Initiation – recommended steps
- Scoping – selecting processes
- Planning and briefing of the Team
- Data Collection – “instances”, evidence, records
- Data validation and dealing with Deficiencies
- Process Attribute Rating
- Reporting the Assessment results
- Performing a Self-Assessment
- Exam Preparation</li>
- Certification Requirements and Registration with ISACA.
Successfully take the COBIT 5 Assessor exam!
Further learning opportunities
Participants interested in defining processes and building capability will benefit from the examples provided by the ITGN.